JellyPages.com

Monday, November 24, 2008

letters from africa

dear deb

oh boy, did i do it now! i know my last letter was supposed to be my last letter before i went to s. america, but i have to tell you this. remember the party we were going to? yeah well, we went...um, it turns out it was my wedding. seriously! i thought takotakilatkigoogleokadotcom (we call him tako-taki for short) was just a strange friend of ours from the tribe, but it turns out that when he invited me to the party, he was proposing, and when i accepted...i accepted!

so we go, and they had me sit in the main tribal chair, and they're putting face paint on me and feathers in my hair (i stopped them at the loin cloth; that was too much), and i'm all flattered because well i am the only girl in the group, so i thought that's how they treated women who are guests...yeah. guess again. then just as the hight priestess turns to me and says "you marry takotakilatkigoogleokadotcom now" i flipped. i said no! and ripped off the feathes (and some hair-ow), and stormed off to my tent.

it get's better. he originally wanted to marry Lennox, a guy with long blonde hair who lives next door, because Lennox is prettier than me! but gay marriage is not accepted in their tribe. i'm a little insulted to be honest with you.

love and french fries

syn

No comments: